Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Nightmare on Lake Hylia


Johnel: Hey everyone I’m currently trying to get Ganondorf to be more cooperative with doing the next part so I thought I’d riff on one of the companion fics to My Inner Life. You see this is one of three fics that the author made having one of the more cannon possible love interests for Link pining that they can’t have him because of the Mary Sue Jenna. They are terrible but a good way to take a break from the meat of the riff. Also light spoilers for this and the others are from a latter perspective of My Inner Life.

Ruto's Song:

Johnel: No the large gap isn’t me screwing up the editing this time and I resent the accusation.

 

Authors notes: This story is also a song fic based on a song by Mariah Carey.

Johnel: The author loves Mariah Carey so this isn’t the only song fic using her songs.

 The song is called “Breakdown” This one is going to focus on Ruto’s feelings for Link. Even though Link has found and married another, Ruto is questioning herself if she really is over him. Her life has changed dynamically, ever since the day Link married his current wife Jenna. Ruto has sat on the sidelines and watched him marry, and have four beautiful children.

Johnel: I don’t think the author ever got to the other children before the main fic died though.

Even though she still remains friends with Link and Jenna, have her feelings for Link returned? Read on to find out! Rated PG 13 for adult langue and themes.

Johnel: Part of me is happy for this means no sex scene. Part of me is so desensitized that it doesn’t really matter.

Disclaimer: Ok I know I do not own Ruto, Link or any of the other Zelda peeps.

 

They belong to Nintendo (Though I wish I owned Link hehehe)

 

 But I however do own Jenna and any another chars in this story that are not found in Zelda, so don’t use them without my permission.

Johnel: Why the fuck would I want to use your characters?

 I’m just using the Zelda peeps for my stories

 

 

Ruto’s Song

 

 

 

A love not meant to be

Johnel: Once again the gaps aren’t my fault so they are staying in. Also that opening line doesn’t look right but I can’t tell why.

Ruto stared lazily up at the sky as she sat on the bank of Lake Hylia. Her eyes locked onto it’s aqua blue tones as she watched distant clouds roll by, causing shapes of creatures to form in them. She had been there all day, she had gone there to think about her feelings, the feelings she still had for Link.

Johnel: Well this is really boring I was hoping for something crazy to make fun of already.

Now she had done it, she was still in love with him, but it was impossible now. He had already married another and had four children with her. “But why do I still feel this way?” Ruto questioned herself. She felt her body swarm with uneasy feelings, her mind clogged with thoughts of “him”. Had she been living in denial all this time? She convinced herself after he married Jenna that she was over him. But she still felt strong feelings for him.

Johnel: Because the author wants to have you all be jealous and lord it over you is my best guess why you still do.

She rose and walked gloomily around the lake. Her thoughts of “him” racing threw her mind. “Am I really living in denial?” “Did I only convince myself that I was over him when I really wasn’t?” “But it’s impossible now, he has already married another.”

Johnel: Well you could be his mistress then.

 Ruto shook her head, the feelings still strong inside her. “OH GODDESSESS WHY DO I STILL FEEL THIS WAY?!” Ruto cried sorrowfully into the air……..

 

“Break, break down, steady breakin' me on down

Break, break down, steady breakin' me on down

Break, break down, steady breakin' me on down

Break, break down, steady breakin' me on down

You called yesterday to basically say

That you care for me but that you're just not in love

Immediately I pretended to be feeling similarly

And led you to believe I was O.K.

To just walk away from the one thing

That's unyielding and sacred to me….”

Johnel: Okay you have most likely listened to the song itself as posted up above to get a feel for it. Now in my personal opinion it is a very meh song not really horrendous but not something I’d listen to. Also the opening bit of the breakdown repetition is sung by male backup vocals so does Ruto have a Zora barbershop quartet following her around?

Tears streamed down her face. She felt her body race with uneasy feelings as she wandered restlessly around the area surrounding Lake Hylia. Her blue sapphire eyes glistened as the tears fell form them. “Perhaps I'm just fantasizing, perhaps I’m just wishing for something that isn’t going to happen.” “How I miss looking into those blue eyes, blue like the

water in which my people live, shimmering like the sapphire that brought

us together, and sparkling like the tears now falling freely from my

eyes.”

Johnel: Why is one continuous dialogue being broken up like this it is very confusing.

 “NO!!!”

 

 Ruto cried, burying her face in her hands. “Why can’t I get over him?” “WHY!?” “Its so over I know, but I cannot help the way I feel!” Ruto screamed. She felt as if she was dying inside, her heart wrenching with confused feelings, feelings full of a useless hope.

Johnel: Well the evil demon spawn that married him obviously but a curse on you.

”Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

Johnel: Okay more of a criticism towards the song but I’m not sure I like that use of the word nonchalant. That could just be me though.

But in reality I'm slowly losing my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry”

 

Images of the first day they met filled into her mind. From the time when he saved her from the bows of Jabau Jabau’s belly, to the vows she thought they made when she handed him the Zora’s Sapphire.

Johnel: I admit I kind of hated having to carry her around in that dungeon. Also it is bows you idiot it is bowls!

 Then she remembered when he disappeared for seven long years, trapped inside the Sacred Realm. She felt abandoned, felt like he left her behind. Then one day he showed up inside the Water Temple, wearing the Zora Tunic, and at first I thought I was hallucinating, I thought it was all a dream, then I saw those blue eyes, twinkling against the clear water that filled the Temple, and it was then I knew I was no longer alone. I had finally thought he had returned to me, thought he was ready to take his place at my side as King, but I was wrong.

Johnel: Could they even legally have someone who was not of the Zora race be their king?

“Now this new feeling has washed over me, the feeling is more then just one of fear: it's one of loneliness, abandonment, horror, and trepidation.” “Where do I go from here?” Without...Link.

Johnel: Termina?

“So what do you do when somebody you're devoted to

Suddenly just stops loving you and it seems they haven't got a clue

Of the pain that rejection is putting you through

Do you cling to your pride and sing “I will survive”

Do you lash out and say “How dare you leave this way”

Do you hold on in vain as they just slip away”

 

“Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry”

Johnel: Don’t think we needed a repetition of what could be called the chorus but whatever.

She descended into the lake to wet her dried skin, then she walked back out and onto the bank, her body shimmering as little droplets of water ran down her body like small diamonds as the sun reflected off of them.

Johnel: Okay the droplets part is a little squicky but that could be the effect of fanfiction coloring my interpretation of the lines.

 She walked slowly towards the fences that led to the lake, then stopped. Her aqua blue eyes closed as she stood and thought for a moment. She pondered if she should sneak over to the Lost Woods and spy on Link.

Johnel: Of course don’t you know anything about psychology! Stalking equals love.

She felt something inside her say that she wanted to see him that she needed to see those “eyes” again. How she longed for him. A yearning to feel him longed inside her. She had always wanted to feel him naked against her, the thought of his lean infatuated body made her groan inside.

Johnel: You might want to see a doctor about those groaning internal organs.

 She had always loved the shape of his body, the hard muscles that rippled threw his tunic always made her swoon.

Johnel: What muscles?

But there was not hope of that now. She had always wanted to share herself with him, she even saved that “special part of her” just for him.

Johnel: Okay first her kind seems to lay eggs so do they even utilize penetrative mating? Second she is naked in the games and there is no genitalia to be found so what is this special part of her then? Also I’m getting sick of the authors obsession with virginity.

 But now that was all just a lingering fantasy. She felt all the pain slowly return. She felt as if she was suffering. Again the feeling of being abandoned slowly welled up inside her again as her thoughts of anger towards him returned.

“How could he do this to...us!?”

Johnel: What is she suddenly Gollum now?

 Ruto yelled to herself. “What the hell happened to us?” “Gone, that's what!” “In a breaths time, I have lost everything and anything Link and I ever shared after he married that….that brown haired women, Jenna!”

Johnel: Ruto language. She is the brown haired demon whore slut dumbass Jenna.

 “He was supposed to my husband--no matter what relationship he'd had with Jenna, he was supposed to be mine.” “We made those vows to each other ten years ago.” “And because of that I thought of him to be the prime choice for someone as beautiful as I.” Ruto wiped the stinging tears away with the back of her hand as she raised her head skyward. “Had he really forgotten about those “special” vows we made?” “Did his love for me really just simply slip….away?” “Where do I go from here?”

Johnel: Well no offense he really didn’t promise to marry you and I don’t even think he understood exactly what you were implying back then so it isn’t like he could.

Yeah, c'mon Yeah, c'mon, c'mon Break break down

Gotta get control Roll roll roll along Steady breakin' me on down

Roll roll roll along Break break down Gotta get control

Roll roll roll along Steady breakin' me on down

Roll roll along It'll break you down

Only if you let it Everyday crucial situation wrackin' my mind

Tryin' to break me down But I won't let it Forget it

Forget it I've been feelin' like you're breakin' me down

Kickin' me around Stressin' me out I think I better go and get

out and let me Release some stress (stress) Don't ever wanna

feel no pain (pain) Hoping for the sun But it looks like rain

(rain, rain, rain) Oh, I just wanna maintain Yeah, when you feel the pressure's on But nevertheless Krayzie won't fall It's over

It's endin' here, here

Johnel: Eh once again not the greatest lyrics ever.

“I never really considered it was over, never had I imagined that our love would slowly just fade away.” Ruto hung her head low as she decided to cross the fences that bordered Hyrule Field. She just wandered aimlessly around it for what seemed like an eternity, before slowly slipping into the secret entrance to the Lost Woods she had built so she could secretly watch Link without him or Jenna knowing.

Johnel: Okay Ruto this is what we call psychotic behavior and you should probably go see a mental health professional as soon as possible.

She made her way around the winding tunnel until a bright light came into view. Slowly she emerged into the sanctuary of the Lost Woods, then proceeded to slip over to Link’s home. When she got close enough, she heard voices. Slinking behind a nearby bush, she slowly raised her head over it and saw three figures standing in front of the beautiful house Link had built before he married.…Jenna.

Johnel: I’m still not sure how he was able to build that house either.

Her blue-jeweled eyes lit up when she caught a glimpse of Link playing with his young son, Roan.

Johnel: Roan? I was actually expecting something worse for Sue spawn names I’m pleasantly bored with the name Roan.

 She just sat there and reveled in his gorgeousness as he played catch with his small son. Oh how his muscles made her body quake when they bulged underneath his green tunic after he threw the ball back each time. She felt her body swarm with the feelings of a lustful yearning and longing all over again. Her hands gripped tightly down onto the bush she was hiding behind, it was all she could do to keep herself from wanting to go running over to him. As always every time she went there that way, she had to always fight to keep her emotions from overtaking her and blowing her cover. But each and every time she did come, it was getting harder to control “those feelings”.

Johnel: Madam  control yourself there are children present!

Then another figure emerged from the house. The figure was a women and she soon realized that the women was his wife Jenna. She was carrying a tray with what looked to be drinks on it and handed Link and their two sons each a goblet.

Johnel: Wait where is this other son I thought he was playing with just the one named Roan?

 The next thing that happened sent Ruto over the edge. She watched as Jenna went into Link’s arms, then they kissed passionately. She felt tears well up in her eyes as she lost control over it. The tears streamed like small rivers down her face as she watched Link hold Jenna lovingly in his arms.

Johnel: Probably made their kids regurgitate the drinks too.

That was her undoing, she completely lost control of her emotions. She slowly slipped back threw the tunnel and emerged back under the hazy sky of Hyrule Field. She just had her heart broken again, broken for about the hundredth time. “What is wrong with me, why is it so hard for me to just “forget him?” “Why must my heart continue to break, why must I suffer this way?” “WHY?!” “Oh goddesses I just want to be over him!” “Is that just too much to ask!”

Johnel: Not until the Sue is done lording the superiority of her husband over you.

Ruto cried out towards the sky, her eyes stinging from the gushing tears. “But I still love him.” “And I know just how hard it is to just ignore those “feelings”. “Its not something that you can just simply throw aside.”

Johnel: May I suggest lots of liquor?

“Link…how could you have just left me so...so stricken and confused?” Ruto whispered to herself. “Whatever the cause of this is, it can't be my fault. No, never will be!”

Johnel: Well it is the Sue’s fault so you are right.

Ruto scorned as she fell to the ground in a crying heap. “What am I to do when I become queen?”

Johnel: Tax reforms, proper military funding, more open relations with neighboring nations, and not becoming so fat it is hard to move I think would be good options.

“I will have no partner to bear the next heir to the throne, nor be there by my side during the hard times.”

Johnel:*Snaps fingers* You don’t need no man girlfriend.

 “Dammit; how dare he, leaving me so blustered like this!” She felt as if Link had ripped her heart out of her chest and threw it at her. She felt as if her whole being was being torn apart. “For once, I don't know the answer to my broken heart, but...but I'm sure the answer will make itself known to me soon, for a wise sage never goes long without the answers...”

Johnel: Also as a sage shouldn’t you be dead? It was never clear in the game.

“...Or do they?”

 

“Well I guess I'm trying to be nonchalant about it

And I'm going to extremes to prove I'm fine without you

But in reality I'm slowly losing my mind

Underneath the guise of a smile gradually I'm dying inside

Friends ask me how I feel and I lie convincingly

'Cause I don't want to reveal the fact that I'm suffering

So I wear my disguise 'til I go home at night

And turn down all the lights and then break down and cry”

 

“No, I cry mentally, wringing my mind of all the doubts and fears that

have been threatening to crash down one me.”

Johnel: For the brain is much like a sponge.

 “But again the one question I still ask myself still goes unanswered, “Was Link really in love with another from the beginning?” “Was the flame between us really nonexistent from the start?”

Johnel: Possibly.

 “I guess I will never know the answer that still evades me to this day.” “But wither or not he ever shared the same feelings for me that I do for him, I will always love him….until the end of time.”

 
“Sigh”

Johnel: Did the author just really have a character say the word sigh?

 “I guess he will never know my true feelings for him, but maybe just maybe I have come to the realization that Link indeed became a butterfly and needed to know what it felt like to fly.”

Johnel: That was just one of the dumbest lines I have ever had the displeasure of reading for this blog.

Ruto dried her tear-stained face and looked into the lavender pinkish rays of the setting sun once more. “Perhaps, I have to come to terms with myself. Perhaps...I am the one who is wrong……Maybe it really is time to let go.”

Johnel: Could you maybe murder the Sue in a crime of passion first you know just for kicks?

“Breakdown”

 

Well what did ya think? Yay Nay? Well pleases tell me what ya thought, I’m dying to know.

Johnel: Stop saying ya it makes you sound like your inbreed or Raijin whichever you find worse.

 I know that this is one of my first attempts at writing a song fic, but I think I did pretty well don’t ya think?

Johnel: No in fact that was an awful attempt and you should feel bad. Push the button Mister.

No comments: